Log in

Register




GAZA CITY, July 15 ,2018 (MENA) - Israeli warplanes renewed airstrikes over Gaza Strip on Sunday after rockets were fired from the enclave targeting Israel.

Two Palestinians were wounded when a rocket targeted a group of Palestinians in eastern Toufah district. The group managed to escape but the rocket hit a house, slightly wounding two occupants.

The rocket attack came shortly after a barrage of projectiles was launched from the enclave. The Israeli army located the exact place where the rockets were launched and immediately attacked the platform, the army spokesman said.

Since the early hours of Saturday, Israel has been launching a wave of airstrikes, the biggest since the 2014 Gaza war, leaving two boys dead and more than 25 wounded.

In response, the Palestinian resistance fired rockets into Israel.

TEL AVIV, July 14, 2018 (News Wires) — The Israeli military carried out its largest daytime airstrike campaign in Gaza since the 2014 war Saturday as Hamas militants fired dozens of rockets into Israel.

No casualties or major damage was reported on either side, and Israel said it was focused on hitting military targets and was warning Gaza civilians to keep their distance from certain sites.

Lt. Col. Jonathan Conricus said the latest Israeli sortie, the third of the day, struck some 40 Hamas targets including tunnels, logistical centers and a Hamas battalion headquarters.

He said the escalation was the result of the sustained Hamas rocket attacks, its fomenting of violence along the border and its campaign of launching incendiary kites and balloons that have devastated Israeli farmlands and nature reserves.

"Our message to Hamas is that we can and will enhance the intensity of our effort if needed," he said. "What Hamas is doing is pushing them ever closer to the edge of the abyss ... Hamas will have to understand that there is a price to be paid."

Gaza's health ministry said Saturday that a 20-year-old struck by gunfire Friday during the protests in the southern Gaza Strip had also died of his wounds.

Over 130, mostly unarmed, Palestinians have been killed by Israeli fire since protests began on March 30.

Sirens wailed overnight and throughout the day Saturday in southern Israel as waves of rockets and mortars were launched from Gaza amid the airstrikes. Israel said at least six of the projectiles were intercepted by the Iron Dome aerial defence system.

In a relatively rare admission, Hamas said it fired the rockets to deter Israel from further action. Most of the recent rockets from Gaza have been fired by smaller factions but Hamas spokesman Fawzi Barhoum said it was an "immediate response" that was meant to "deliver the message."

RAMALLAH, July 14, 2018 (MENA) - Israeli soldiers crashed on Friday night an engagement party in the town of Yabad, north of the West Bank, and kept invitees from reaching it, Palestinian news agency WAFA reported on Saturday.

The Israeli soldiers broke into the town and set up a roadblock outside the hall where the engagement party of Qassam Freihat was taking place, according to eyewitnesses.

The soldiers stopped and checked the papers of invitees and held Freihat and questioned him.

RAMALLAH, July 13, 2018 (MENA) - Israeli settlers burnt at dawn Friday two vehicles in Urif village, in the south of Nablus.

A group of settlers from Yitzhar settlement barged into Wadi al-Sarrar area in the northeast of Urif village and set fire to two vehicles owned by a Palestinian citizen, local sources said.

Palestinian firefighters rushed to the scene and controlled the fire.

The settlers wrote slogans and threats before leaving the area.

Separately, Palestinian citizens from the west of Salfit city, northern the West Bank in cooperation with the anti-settlement movement in the province managed to obtain a decision from an Israeli court allowing them to restore about 226 donums of their lands that had been illegally taken by an Israeli firm.

 

HEBRON, July 10, 2018 (News Wires) - The Israeli military Tuesday ordered Fawzi Khalil Abu Tabeekh, from Yatta, in the south of the West Bank, to demolish three shelters and a barn for sheep he owns near his town, according to Rateb Jbour, a local activist.

He told WAFA that the army informed Abu Tabeekh to demolish the three shelters he uses as homes and the barn located in Masafer Yatta in an area close to the illegal settlement of Otnail.

Masafer Yatta is considered Area C, which is under full Israeli military control and which makes over 60 per cent of the area of the occupied West Bank.

Palestinians are banned by Israel from developing their land while illegal Jewish settlers are given a free hand in building and developing these areas in flagrant violation of international law.

 

JERUSALEM, July 10, 2018 (News Wires) - United Nations Special Coordinator for the Middle East Peace Process, Nickolay Mladenov, on Tuesday called on Israel to reverse a decision imposing economic sanction on the Gaza Strip through partial closure of its only commercial crossing.

"I am concerned by the consequences of Israel's decision to temporarily suspend imports and exports with the exception of basic humanitarian supplies through the Kerem Shalom (Karm Abu Salem) crossing,” said Mladenov in a statement.

“Humanitarian assistance is no substitute for commerce and trade. I urge the authorities to reverse this decision.”

Israel said it imposed the sanctions to punish Hamas, which is in control of Gaza, for the incendiary kites flown into Israel and which cause fire in border areas.

Page 1 of 20