Log in

Register




DUBAI, August 17, 2018 (News Wires) - Saudi state oil giant producer Saudi Aramco is still committed to meeting future oil demand through continued investments, the kingdom's Energy Minister Khalid Al Falih said in a company report on Friday.

Aramco, which is slated for a public share sale, "continued to prepare itself for the listing of its shares, a landmark event the companu and its board anticipate with excitement," Al Falih was quoted as saying.

 

RIYADH, August 17, 2018 (MENA) - Saudi Arabia has provided a sum of $100 million for the US-led international coalition to combat Daesh plots in the areas liberated in northeast Syria, the Saudi Press Agency reported Friday.

This is the largest ever contribution made by Riyadh for the coalition, and comes in implementation of Foreign Minister Adel Al Jubeir's pledge during the Global Coalition Ministerial Conference in Brussels, hosted by US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo on July 12.

This contribution will play a critical role in the coalition’s efforts to revitalize communities, such as Raqqa, which have been devastated by Daesh terrorists.

 

 

 

CAIRO, August 11, 2018 (MENA) – Egyptian Foreign Ministry urged the pilgrims not to have medicines deemed illegal in Saudi Arabia during their travel there.

Drugs, such as Tramadol, are forbidden in Saudi Arabia and could bring its holders accountable before the justice.

If such drugs are necessary, the patients should head to the Egyptian Health Ministry’s medical mission to have their doses, and preferably to have their prescriptions with them, deputy foreign minister for consular affairs Khaled Yousry said.

MECCA, August 11, 2018 (MENA) - Head of Egypt's Pilgrim Mission in Saudi Arabia Amr Loutfy said there are no missing pilgrims so far.

In statements to MENA, he said that the number of pilgrims who won the lottery hajj and arrived in Saudi Arabia to perform the rituals reached 20,360.

Loutfy said that August 15 is the deadline for the arrival of all pilgrims who won the lottery.

He underlined that six pilgrims, including four from the mission, have died, while 19 other members of the mission were admitted to Saudi hospitals.

RIYADH, August 11, 2018 (MENA) - Saudi King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud has ordered the hosting of 1,000 pilgrims from the families of martyrs of the Egyptian Armed Forces and police, the Saudi press agency reported Saturday.

The decision comes as part of the king's Hajj Guests Program, annually supervised by the Ministry of Islamic Affairs, Call and Guidance.

In a statement, Minister of Islamic Affairs, Call and Guidance Sheikh Abdullatif bin Abdulaziz Al Al-Sheikh said this year's guests are coming from the continents of Asia, Africa and Europe, noting that thousands of male and female pilgrims have benefited from this program since it started 22 years ago.

 

WASHINGTON, August 10, 2018 (MENA) - Saudi Ambassador to the US Prince Khalid bin Salman said on Friday that Iran was behind the attack on two Saudi oil tankers in the Red Sea on July 25, Al Arabiya reported.

"Iranian Revolutionary Guards Commander Nasser Shabani admits his regime was behind the July 25th attack on Saudi oil tankers in the Red Sea saying "We told the Yemenis to hit Saudi tankers, and they did it, Lebanese Hezbollah and Yemeni Ansar Allah (Houthis) are our followers," the Saudi envoy said on his Twitter account.

"There should be no more doubt about the Iranian regime’s menacing role in Yemen and disregard for human suffering and the environment," Prince Khalid added.

Prince Khalid attached a screenshot of the original article where Shabani made his statements to his tweet.

The Arab Coalition supporting legitimacy in Yemen had announced on July 25 that it thwarted a Houthi attack on two Saudi oil tankers in Bab al Mandeb, opposite Yemen's west coast.

Page 1 of 18