Log in

Register




MARSA MATROUH, Egypt, August 17, 2018 (MENA) - As many as 757 Egyptians returned home from Libya via Salloum Crossing in the past 24 hours, Marsa Matrouh security chief Hesham Nasr said in a statement on Friday.

Out of all the returnees, 147 Egyptians had illegally travelled to Libya, he added.

Meanwhile, travel procedures for 1,521 persons, including 265 Egyptians and 1,256 Libyans, have been finalised, he noted.

 

 

MARSA MATROUH, Egypt, August 4, 2018 (MENA) - As many as 271 Egyptians returned home from Libya via Salloum Crossing over the past 24 hours, Marsa Matrouh security chief Hisham Nasr said in a statement Saturday.

Out of all the returnees, 38 Egyptians had illegally traveled to Libya, he added.

Meanwhile, travel procedures for 727 persons, including 42 Egyptians and 685 Libyans, have been finalized, Nasr noted.

MARSA MATROUH, Egypt, August 3, 2018 (MENA) - As many as 359 Egyptians have returned home from Libya via the border crossing of Salloum.

Some 65 of the returned nationals had illegally traveled to the neighboring country, said Matrouh police chief Maj. Gen. Hisham Nasr on Friday.

Meantime, 1,195 people - 266 Egyptians and 929 Libyans - were allowed to leave into Libya, he said.

Also, 192 trucks were allowed into Egypt from Libya to be loaded with Egyptian goods, while 146 others left the crossing for the Libyan side, the statement added.

LONDON, July 30, 2018 (Reuters) - A British man who killed 22 people in an attack in Manchester at the end of a show by US singer Ariana Grande was rescued from the civil war in Libya three years before by the British navy, the Daily Mail reported.

Salman Abedi, born to Libyan parents, was thought to have been on holiday in Libya in August 2014 when fighting broke out and British officials offered to evacuate UK citizens, the Mail said.

Abedi and his younger brother Hashem were among about 100 British citizens plucked from the coast of Libya and taken on the HMS Enterprise to Malta for a flight home to Britain in August 2014, the Mail reported.

The Manchester bombing on May 22, 2017 was the deadliest of five terror attacks in Britain last year that killed a total of 36 people.

Seven children, the youngest aged just eight, were among those killed in the Manchester attack. Hundreds were injured.

"For this man to have committed such an atrocity on UK soil after we rescued him from Libya was an act of utter betrayal," the newspaper quoted a British source in Whitehall, the centre of British officialdom, as saying.

Security sources quoted by the Mail said that Abedi was not believed to have been radicalised at the time of his rescue.

ROME, July 27, 2018 (MENA) - Elections in Libya should not take place until warring factions in the turmoil-wracked country achieve reconciliation, populist premier Giuseppe Conte told daily Corriere della Sera in an interview on Friday.

"I have said to Emmanuel Macron that Italy is not in favor of forcing the situation and will not back any ill-considered moves in Libya - elections should only be held after the country's rival factions have reconciled," Italy's Adnkronos news agency quoted Conte as saying.

His comments came after French Foreign Minister Jean-Yves Le Drian's visit to Libya this week to drum up support for a deal to prepare for polls in the war-torn country that its main political leaders have agreed to hold in December.

 

MARSA MATROUH, Egypt, July 27, 2018 (MENA) - As many as 285 Egyptians returned home from Libya via Salloum Crossing over the past 24 hours, Marsa Matrouh security chief Hisham Nasr said in a statement Friday.

Out of all the returnees, 44 Egyptians had illegally traveled to Libya, he added.

Meanwhile, travel procedures for 939 persons, including 188 Egyptians and 751 Libyans,
have been finalized, Nasr noted.

Page 1 of 13