President swears in 27 governors
CAIRO, August 30, 2018 - President Abdel Fattah El Sisi on Thursday presided over the swearing -in ceremony of 27 newly-appointed governors and 18 deputy governors, at al-Ittihadiya Presidential Palace.
"I swear by Almighty God to be faithful to the republican system, to take care of the interests of the people and the safety of the nation, to respect the Constitution and the law, and to carry out my duties with sincerity and honesty," each new governor and deputy governor declared at the swearing-in ceremony.
After the oath-taking, President Sisi instructed the governors to work on improving the economy and upgrading the quality of services that were being offered to citizens in their respective governorates.
President Sisi ordered the governors to work around the clock to build strong governorates.
Discussions focused on how best to improve public services in each governorate.
The president has appointed a female governor for Damietta and five female deputy governors.
President Sisi approved the appointment of Lamiya Ahmed Abdel Qader, Youssra Attiya Mohamed, Nihal Mohamed Ali, Eman Amr Rayan, and Hanan Magdi Nour Eddin as deputy governors. They will be working in the governorates of Giza, the Red Sea, Beheira, Qalyubiya, and the New Valley.
President Sisi, who approved the appointment of three deputy ministers and a new chief of the Administrative Control Authority, ordered the new governors to adopt new coordination techniques to link their governorates to the ministries.
The governors have been picked by Prime Minister Dr Moustafa Madbouli on the basis of their accomplishments, good reputation, and ability to do field work.
Here is a list of the governors and deputy governors:
- South Sinai: Khalid Fouda
- Qena: Abdel Hameed el-Hagan
- Red Sea: Ahmed Abdel Allah
- Kafr el-Sheikh: Ismail Abdel Hameed
- Port Said: Adel Ibrahim
- New Valley: Mohamed Salman Moussa
- Sharqiya: Mamdouh Moustafa el-Sayyed
- North Sinai: Mohamed Shousha
- Beni Sueif: Hani Abdel Gaber
- Luxor: Moustafa Mohamed Khalid
- Daqahliya: Kamal Gad
- Qalyubiya: Allaa Abdel Haleem
- Alexandria: Abdel Aziz Qonsuwa
- Aswan: Ahmed Ibrahim Mohamed
- Suez: Abdel Meguid Ahmed
- Ismailia: Hamdi Hamed
- Assiut: Gamal Nour Eddin
- Giza: Ahmed Rashid
- Cairo: Khalid Abdel Aal
- Fayyoum: Essam Saad Eddin
- Minya: Qassem Mohamed
- Mersa Matruh: Magdi Mohamed
- Menoufia: Saeed Mohamed Abbas
- Gharbiya: Hisham el-Saeed
- Beheira: Hisham Abdel Ghani
- Damietta: Manal Awad
- Sohag: Ahmed Abdel Allah
- Aswan: Saeed Muawad Mohamed
- Cairo: Mohssen Salah Eddin, Ibrahim Abdel Hadi, Ahmed Fuad Ahmed, and Ibrahim Saber Khalil
- North Sinai: Hisham Mohamed Attiya
- Giza: Lamiya Ahmed Abdel Qader
- Red Sea: Youssra Attiya Mohamed
- Luxor: Mohamed Abdel Qader Khairy
- Suez: Abdel Allah Ramadan Tawfiq
- Beni Sueif: Assem Salama Eid
- Assiut: Amr Abdel Aal el-Sayyed
- Port Said: Mohamed Hani Gamal Eddin
- Alexandria: Ahmed Gamal Mohamed
- Beheira: Nihal Mohamed Ali
- Ismailia: Ahmed Essam Eddin
- Qalyubiya: Eman Amr Rayan
- New Valley: Hanan Magdi Nour Eddin.